Bag Policy FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions – Regarding Updated Bag Policy
- Will diaper bags be allowed in the new policy?
- No, unless for a medical necessity – all bags that enter the premises for an event with security checkpoints will need to be clear (within sizing guidelines) or of the approved clutch sizing (4.5” x 6.5”).
- I have small children, and the necessary items for them will not fit into an approved bag sizing. What should I do?
- The policy is one bag of this sizing per ticketed customer. If you have children that have tickets, they qualify to have a bag as well.
- I have small items that I do not feel comfortable putting in a clear bag and would prefer privacy. What should I do?
- If you have items of this nature, you can use a small make-up bag or clutch inside of your approved sizing clear bag. When you go through the security checkpoint, the small bag/clutch inside will be subject to search. There will be female security guards available for those that prefer – we recommend choosing a lane with one of these staff members.
- I do not have access to a bag that would comply with this new policy. What should I do?
- We will have some bags on site available for the first few events that happen once this policy is in place. For Stampede fans, the Stampede merchandise booth will also be selling branded versions of policy-compliant bags. If you have questions on whether your bag would qualify, feel free to direct message the PREMIER Center Facebook page before an event, and someone would be happy to help you.
- My clutch fits in the sizing limit, but it has a shoulder strap. Is this allowed?
- Management has read your concerns about the strap policy and has made the decision to allow shoulder/cross body style straps into the venue (as long as they are made of fabric, nylon, leather, etc.) No chain straps or similar material will be permitted. The goal behind this is to make this transition smoothest and easiest on our patrons – while creating a safer environment.
- My clutch is slightly larger than the 4.5” x 6.5” policy. Will I be allowed in?
- Our security staff will be fully briefed on the policies in place and judgement calls on a case-by-case basis will be implemented. If your clutch slightly goes over the limit – this will be acceptable. If you come in inches above what the policy states, you will be required to return your bag to your vehicle. Employees will not be permitted to hold on to patron’s personal belongings for safe keeping during an event. If your bag does not qualify within the policies, it will not be admitted in.
- What does an exception for medical necessity mean?
- If you have items that qualify as a medical necessity, these will still be allowed inside the building. We understand that not all medical devices fit into the bag policy and some have their own bags/containers. If you have a question about what you are needing to bring – please direct message the PREMIER Center Facebook page and someone will be happy to answer your questions. Please understand that any bags containing medical necessity equipment are still subject to search – as a normal bag would be.
- This policy seems to only affect women. Why is this being enforced?
- Men are also subject to search while going through the security checkpoint. All genders will be responsible for removing items from their pockets and going through the metal detectors. This policy is being placed nation-wide by many venues and artists/tours for the safety & security of all involved due to many happenings around the nation. Our goal with this policy is to speed up the lines going through security checkpoints and make our venue as safe as we can for guests, employees, and the tours.
- Are clear fanny packs acceptable bags to bring in?
- Yes, as long as they fit in the sizing guidelines. Backpacks and drawstring bags (clear or otherwise) will not be allowed – except in the case of medical necessity.
If you have further questions that are not answered in this post, please feel free to direct message the PREMIER Center Facebook page. If you have any items or bags that you are questioning if they will be allowed – we are happy to answer these questions for you.