SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for a Sales Manager in the Sioux Falls Convention Center. This position performs sales related functions in support of the basic Sales & Marketing plan, by performing the following duties:
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assists Sales team in accomplishing sales and marketing goals.
- Uses Sales and Marketing principles to promote the facility.
- Send client pre-event information and follow-up information that affects booking.
- Quotes rates and assists with formal license agreements. Prepares contracts.
- Handles pre-event correspondence and meetings until such time as account can be turned over to an Event Coordinator.
- Assist Director in developing Marketing Plan to include goals and advertising.
- Carry out specific marketing plan relating to events using support of advertising, as requested by the Director.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years sales related experience required
- Facility/industry experience preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to effectively supervise staff
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- High aptitude for figures and advanced writing skills
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Some travel as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 9-10 hours daily.
Applications can be picked up at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center or resumes sent to the following:
Denny Sanford PREMIER Center
1201 N. West Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104