SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for an Operations Supervisor. This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of employees engaged in the Operations Department by performing the following duties:
- Directs workers engaged in the general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows, as well as clean-up during and after events.
- Ensures that all job assignments are completed during events or shifts.
- Sets up venues, as written orders and equipment requirements direct.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
- Submits maintenance request orders for repairs and damages.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Keeps equipment in good working order while following safety procedures.
- Ensures proper use of all chemicals by Operations staff in accordance with MSDS.
- Enforces employee dress code and grooming standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised as needed.
Manages all employees in the Operations Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or general education degree GED.
- 1-2 years of custodial or operational experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good organization skills
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Requires flexible schedule to include weekdays, nights, weekends and some holidays
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings and may be subjected to adverse conditions.
Applications can be picked up at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center or resumes sent to the following:
Denny Sanford PREMIER Center
1201 N. West Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104