SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing Manager in the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center. The Marketing Manager is responsible for the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Develops and implements an advertising and publicity campaign to create regional and national awareness of the facility.
- Creates and supervises marketing plans for events when required, to include all available services: group sales, public relations, media placement, direct mail, promotional development, non‑profit opportunities, etc.
- Operates the department with a conscious commitment to maximum exposure for the facility and its events, through the most effective and efficient means possible.
- Develops marketing materials and procedures to have the department function effectively as an in‑house agency.
- Aggressively seeks new contacts and maintains working relationships with all media representatives, civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Remains current on national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility.
- Maintains, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Develops and maintains a facility website and social media.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Directly supervises Marketing and Group Sales staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred.
-Minimum of 4 years experience in Marketing, Public Relations or Sales in entertainment industry or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Exposure to and familiarity with similar facility environment.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal skills, organizational ability, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise sales staff.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- High aptitude for figures and advanced writing skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as social media applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours.
- Ability to travel required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.