SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent opening for a Marketing Coordinator. This position is responsible for the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
- Strong ability for creation and design of marketing materials for facilities and events.
- Assist with the coordination of promotions for special events with event producers and facility personnel.
- Prepares copy and layout for company documents, newsletters and social media.
- Assists Marketing Manager with the design, management, development, production and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Works in conjunction with Director of Sales and Sales staff in the planning and execution of events.
- Works closely with the Convention and Visitors Bureau, advertising agencies and other organizations to coordinate promotional and marketing efforts.
- Maintains, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Works within the guidelines set forth in SMG's Management Credo.
- Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college in Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism preferred
- Previous experience/internship in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related industry experience (i.e. advertising agency, radio/television) preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Basic understanding of demographics and media buying ability
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as social media applications.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid driver's license and will be subject to pass an acceptable background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.