SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent opening for part time event services staff in their Sioux Falls facilities to perform the following duties.
- Guest relations activities that include greeting and directing guests, screening guests for camera/video equipment and other items not permitted into the buildings, securing areas, responding to emergency situations, ensuring the safety of all guests and reacting to requests for service and assistance.
- Have a full working understanding of the specific event post (i.e. ticket takers, ushers, security, crowd control, door screeners and guest relations) and possess the ability to communicate with patrons.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions.
- Ensuring there is an effective and efficient response to patron issues through 2-way radio communication.
- Observe employee and crowd behavior, before, during and after an event takes place.
- Keep unauthorized persons out of restricted seats.
- Represent the company in a polite and professional manner using proper customer service skills.
- Direct customer service complaints and inquiries to proper manager/supervisor.
- Abide by facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work a ticket scanner and keep track of rejected tickets.
- Seat patrons according to ticket information.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the emergency program as needed.
- Will be required to have open availability to work events on an on-going basis including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Pick up loose debris/garbage following event.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Event Services Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be 18 years of age and demonstrate the ability to read, write, hear, and speak English; clean and neat appearance, ability to work flexible hours including weekends, days, evenings, and holidays; able to stand for long periods; able to walk up and down steep stairs. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.