Box Office Customer Service Representative
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for a Box Office Representative who would be responsible for ticket sales for shows or events by performing the following duties at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center, Sioux Falls Arena, Convention Center and Orpheum Theater:
- Opens and/or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes changes accurately.
- Maintains accurate count of tickets sold.
- Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office supervisor or manager for audit.
- Distributes tickets according to Will Call procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to count money and make change accurately.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions. Good communications skills. Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Good problem solving skills and organizational ability.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Good customer service skills and sense of public relations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of computers. Experience in computerized ticket systems preferred.
- Ability to work the ticket window with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.