AV Tech Assistant
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an AV Tech Assistant. Responsible for assisting with the setting and operating of various audio and visual equipment. Will provide excellent customer service and assure guests' needs are taken care of.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- The ability to set, operate and dismantle audio visual setups.
- The ability to maintain and repair audio visual equipment.
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients while on-site.
- The ability to trouble shoot technical problems and offer positive solutions.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, hear, and speak English; clean and neat in appearance, ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays in addition to regular business hours; able to stand for long periods; able to walk up and down steep stairs. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with disabilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in the setup and operation of professional audio visual equipment in a convention or hotel setting.
- 3-5 years of technical experience in the audio visual industry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Audio: Powered and passive speakers, mixing consoles, wireless and wired microphones, audio recorders, signal flow.
- Knowledge of Video: HD and SD LCD projectors, video switching systems, projection lens to screen throw ratios, signal flow.
- Computers: Mac and PC literate, PowerPoint proficient, knowledge of IP and DHCP addressing, Microsoft Office proficient.
- Lighting: LED ellipsoidal, standard lighting boards, LED intelligent lighting, intelligent lighting boards, basic electrical knowledge.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and information in a professional business environment.
- Effective time management skills, with strong organization and prioritization abilities.
- Strong knowledge of setup and maintenance of audio visual equipment.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to continually improve performance.
- Must have strong problem solving ability, offering solutions to conflicts and unforeseen problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good working knowledge of computers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Denny Sanford PREMIER Center
1201 N. West Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.