Assistant General Manager / Sales & Marketing
Under the General Manager's supervision, this individual will have the responsibility for the overall management, promotion, and operation of the facilities with a focus on revenue generation. Helps to facilitate optimum efficiency, maximize profits, and provide exceptional customer service by performing the following duties individually or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guide and direct the following department areas: Booking, Marketing and Communication, Sales, Sponsorship and Ticket Operations, and Event Services.
- Establish and maintain contact with booking agents, professional managers, promoters and others within the industry to encourage continual and regular use of the facility to drive revenue. This may include travel to events within the industry and conferences.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers, promoters and tenants for necessary activities and services at the facility.
- Lead each department to drive revenue, manage costs, improve processes and create efficiencies and cost savings.
- Implement facility policies and goals in accordance with the management contract, client’s objectives, and corporate policy.
- Meet with department heads to define goals and milestones; review activity, operating, and sales reports. If necessary, determine changes to the programs and/or operations and oversee implementation with the department heads.
- Assist in the development of long-range plans and program objectives in accordance with the management contract and corporate policy.
- Ensure all codes, laws, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Implement procedures within the departments assigned to establish and maintain customer service standards that are designed to ensure a positive and professional image and generate repeat business.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and capital project budget for future repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Lead each department assigned to achieve annual revenue, project, event and expense goals.
- Lead the development and execution of in-house content and advertising agency.
- Conduct post-event operational and financial review and analysis.
- Review and approve all purchasing, travel and promotional expense activity for departments assigned.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays and the ability to travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manage subordinate supervisors who are responsible for the employees of the Sales, Sponsorship and Marketing, Event Services and Communications Departments. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees in conjunction with Human Resources; planning, assigning and directing work; scheduling; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years’ industry experience with at least three (3) of those years in a booking function of an arena or stadium; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a strong sales acumen and ability to identify new revenue streams.
- Possess skills and experience in booking processes, contract negotiation, labor relations, union contracts, purchasing procedures, and supervising personnel.
- Negotiate venue deals with promoters and/or agents and execute sales contracts and venue agreements.
- Assist in settlement of all concerts, events and family shows.
- Engage in decision making that is generally governed by procedure and guided by policy.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the practices and terminology of event booking, ticketing, public relations programs, advertising, marketing and sales.
- Plan, coordinate and direct varied and complex administrative operations.
- Supervise and recognize human resource and personnel problems, deal constructively with conflict, supervise and motivate personnel, provide counsel on routine and sensitive personnel matters and execute applicable solutions.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Operate a personal computer using, Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Understand and operate computerized ticketing system.
- Operate event booking/scheduling software.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel and Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.