Assistant Box Office Manager
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for an Assistant Box Office Manager. This position is responsible for overseeing ticket sales and all aspects of Box Office operation by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares or assist with preparation of a daily report of business transactions.
- Prepares nightly deposits and reconciliations.
- Supervises and schedules ticket sellers.
- Processes group sales orders and complimentary ticket requests.
- Assists or prepares cash bank and daily accurate inventory of all tickets distributed and available for sale.
- Assists with preparation of the final Box Office statement for settlement of each event.
- Responds to customer complaints and service requests to maintain a positive rapport with the ticket buying public.
- Maintains files on each event that consist of seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits and ticket inventory schedules.
- Maintains accurate count of tickets sold, money received from ticket sellers and change banks.
- Open/Close Ticket window as needed.
This position oversees the part time staff in the Box Office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years related experience required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in accounting and customer service essential
- Box office experience in a similar environment strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Experience with Ticketmaster preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; stand for long hours during events; talk and hear.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.