SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accounting Manager for SMG/Denny Sanford PREMIER Center. Responsible for administering and managing daily activities for the accounting function at the facility:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
- Prepares and performs or assists with event settlements.
- Prepares and performs account reconciliations.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of all financial reporting, including:
- Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university;
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent and math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Effective supervisory skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.